- Drumset instruction in all styles and genres
- Coaching for drummers who are in a band.......You can make your band sound better, all by your self.
- Coaching for drummers who want to sing while playing drums in a band
- Coaching in the very special skill of playing behind a vocalist.
- Rhythm ensemble classes for musicians who want to better their groove skills
- Through my affiliation with Central Bucks Guitar and Bass, I offer rhythm section classes/lessons for bass, guitar and drums/percussion, for musicians who would like to tighten their skills in band situations. If you're a drummer who wants to learn to play more effectively with your band, this is a fantastic opportunity.
Although I focus quite a bit on technique and reading, I devote a lot of time and attention to the “intangibles”—the real life skills one needs in order to grow and succeed as an all around musician and drummer. A few-------
- Feel. Groove. Pocket. There are so many ways to “feel” a piece of music. Learning how to slip in and out of different “grooves”, how to manipulate and enhance the “pocket”, is essential to playing successfully with different musicians and in different styles and settings.
- Self image and Attitude. How you see yourself and those around you is so important to understanding what you need to “bring to the table”.
- How to listen to what’s happening around you and find an appropriate way to contribute. This includes learning how to REALLY listen—when studying recorded music or watching a live performance or, of course, while performing. Learning and practicing intentional listening enhances all endeavors in life. Relationships, school, the workplace.....all these are more rewarding and fruitful (not to mention...MORE FUN) when you really listen to what's going on around you.
- Being open to the styles and ideas of others and helping those around you realize their ideas.
- Getting comfortable with the idea that, as a drummer, other musicians expect a certain dependability, confidence and consistency.
- Commitment, Strength, Assertiveness, Confidence, Leadership and Empathy—Playing drums really can make you a better and more successful citizen of the world!